Animatic is done; or “done enough”. Time to move on. We finished them in the morning, after ten hours of work. Even after all this work, I know there are some different camera angles that I will use in the end scene.
In the afternoon we heard from a guest speaker, Richard Gorey, animator with 30 years of experience and professor at the School of Visual Arts. Big takeaways from that presentation:
- Have motivation for every decision that you make.
- Every shot is an opportunity to draw the audience in.
- Generally there are 12-15 drawings in each second. (My film as of now is 100 seconds, so I will need 1500 drawings!)
Tomorrow begins our scene-by-scene completion of the final piece!
Students: Middle school is a good time to start thinking about what you want to learn in college and where you might want to go, so click on the links below and start reading about some of these schools.
- Parsons (where I am taking this class)
- School of Visual Arts (where today’s visiting professor teaches at)
- New York University (near where I am living this summer)
And remember, you can click on “Leave a Comment” below to write to me!